Hi gang! Decided to take part in the Trifecta introduction meme, hopefully to keep me posting on the challenge. So, have some information you may or may not already know about me.
- What is your name (real or otherwise)?
My real name is Lauren. My pen name is L.M. Murphy. The L.M. comes from my real life initials, and the Murphy comes from murphyslawyer, a variant of which has always been my online name.
- Describe your writing style in three words.
Erratic; crazy; rushed
- How long have you been writing online?
I’ve had this blog since March of 2012, and I’ve posted snippets all over the place for probably longer than that.
- Which, if any, other writing challenges do you participate in?
NaNoWriMo, of the 50K in 30 days; Coffin Hop, a 7-day blog hop at the end of October for horror writers; the April A to Z Challenge, which involves a post every day in April following the letters of the alphabet; and I might be getting lured into the Write on Edge prompts.
- Describe one way in which you could improve your writing.
Making time for writing and sticking to self-imposed deadlines. (Okay, that was two things. Sue me*.)
(* Don’t actually sue me. I already have student loans to pay back.)
- What is the best writing advice you’ve ever been given?
As inane as it sounds, just write regularly and keep the ideas hopping.
- Who is your favorite author?
Can I veto this question? I’m vetoing this question. Because I can’t pick one. Nope.
- How do you make time to write?
Usually by sacrificing sleep. (Don’t try this at home, kids!)
- Give us one word we should consider using as a prompt. Remember–it must have a third definition.
Trite. Third definition from Dictionary.com:
3. Archaic. rubbed or worn by use.
- Direct us to one blog post of yours that we shouldn’t miss reading.